Facebook is rolling out ‘Facebook News’, a dedicated tab for news-related content.
Facebook News will provide top news from national and local publishers, capitalizing on the following features to help make the new tab valuable:
- Today’s Stories chosen by a team of journalists to catch you up on the news throughout the day
- Personalization based on the news you read, share and follow, so you can find new interests and topics and Facebook News is fresh and interesting every time you open it
- Topic sections to dive deeper into business, entertainment, health, science & tech, and sports
- Your Subscriptions, a section for people who have linked their paid news subscriptions to their Facebook account
- Controls to hide articles, topics and publishers you don’t want to see
The new tab is currently live in the US, with a broader roll out planned in the near future.
Read more here.